Monday, January 12, 2009

The Blackberry Storm


I have waited for the BB Storm for so long. I hv decided to throw my speel on how it compares with the iPhone (I do have both phones). Here is a quick jab at what the Storm is all about. 

We all know that Blackberries are traditionally big on havinga  real full QWERTY keyboard. It is all about improvising corporate productivity by providing email access to cell phone and be able to reply back to it in a jiffy. You would be surprised to see the Blackberry Storm being a drastic change from RIM's usual products, the real keyboard is missing. This is replaced by a Suretype keyboard in Portrait mode and full qwerty touch screen phone in Landscape mode.

The screen is slightly  bigger with a resolution of 480*360 (a tid more than the iPhone and true letterbox mode).  The touch screen provides full tactile feedback to keypress. Altogether the touch screen is a totally different experience on the Storm unlike any others.

When the Storm came out on Nov 21st, 2008, every one started comparing this phone with the iphone  and a lot of bad reviews have come out about this phone partially due to Apple junkies telling around how the Storm is not an iPhone. I absolutely love my storm. I also own an apple iPhone so i know what is good and bad on both phones.

Just like some  one said on the internet, either you will absolutely love it or you would hate it totally. But dont make the decision based on reading mixed reviews on the internet. Go to a store play with it, demo it and make sure you like most common features like Email, Internet browsing, audio/video playback, sound quality of phone calls etc.

I am sure you wont be disappointed at least after the first few updates on software for the BB Storm. Remember the iPhone is so good now only after 2 - 3 yrs and several software updates that came out. Most Apple junkies tend to forget that

1 comment:

Knowledge Guru said...

I am sure you should have dissappointed like my other friends... I am disappointed with my BB curve 8900 too.... hard luck... iphone the best and setting the standards....